20 December 2012

Merry Christmas

Getting excited about our holiday trip! Christmas is my favorite holiday, but as a Californian now in Virginia, it is NOT my favorite weather season.

In passing two Thanksgivings ago, I heard a guy tell his friend, "Just remember, from now until Christmas you can't buy anything for yourself." I had never been told or heard that before.With Black Friday - day after the day to be thankful for what you have - businesses want you to spend, spend and spend to have more, more, more. Kind of messed up right? I'm not saying that everyone buys stuff for themselves on Black Friday, but don't deny that it doesn't happen. Shopping is not a problem for me. In fact, I loathe shopping of any kind. So I can boastfully proclaim that I upheld that rule!

The picture below shows how I spent my day after Thanksgiving - with my family and friends, all of whom you cannot see in this picture. My Big Brother #1 is awesome enough take our family Christmas card pictures for us every year. I didn't use this one for our card, but I like it, too. We like to spend a lot of time tickling our boys. They know they love it even though they tell us to stop.

Merry Christmas, everyone! See you after the New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment