03 January 2013

Taking a Trip

Being a SAHM doesn't keep me from getting out. It's important to me that my children and I get out of the house as much as possible. To be a homebody - which I feel my first born tends to be - is unacceptable. I mean, come on! There's a whole world out there to be discovered, fresh air to be breathed, roads to be traveled.

It was the first time I had ever been to the Arlington National Cemetery. Even though it was cold, it was a nice walk up to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. My oldest was fascinated by the Tomb Guard, and we tried to stay long enough to see guards change shifts, but it was too chilly out to stand still.

We also made our way into the District, but the boys were getting a little restless and I didn't have as much of a chance to take out my camera.

Nevertheless, take a glimpse at our little adventure today.











No comments:

Post a Comment