13 February 2013

Alien Invasion

My husband and I are so delighted that our oldest son, Ashton is willing to partake of our silliness.

Here's the scene. It was dinner time, and when I cook, I like to have everything out that I need to prepare it.  As I was reaching for the aluminum foil, the first thing that popped into my mind was "Signs" the movie with Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix. Strange? Not really. If you've seen the movie, you will recollect one of the scenes where three of the actors were despairingly sitting on a couch wearing pointy foil hats. This was to prevent the aliens from reading their minds. With great purpose, I tore a sheet of foil and thought, "This is a great idea." My idea was exactly this: Get Ashton to wear an alien-mind-reading-prevention hat. Hubs and I were thinking on the same wave length at this point, and I don't remember even saying anything. One way or another, he got Ashton to put the hat on. We told him how awesome it was, which was enough for him! However, he kept targeting me with his NERF gun, which I guess meant I was an alien for the evening.

What fun it was! This morning, I didn't realize that hat was still in existence. Until after cleaning up after breakfast, this is what I find lurking in the hallway.


See him the night before here.

No comments:

Post a Comment