05 February 2013

Ava Laurénne

When it comes to being the only girl, I know exactly how Ava feels. Growing up, my father made sure I knew how to play all sorts of sports. Probably more so to toughen me up. My mom was an Avon sales rep, but the only Avon marked items I had interest in was the boxes and bags that the products were shipped in. If I recollect correctly, the shipments came on Saturdays, but I could be wrong. I don't think I really had a sense of time when I was a kid. Either way, it seemed like a lot of our weekends consisted of me and my brothers building cardboard forts. It was always a lot of fun.

Today, Ava had no problem being the only girl. Along side my two boys and her brother Gabriel, she played in the dirt on the playground, raced with Shake N Go cars on the sidewalk, explored in the bamboo patch with official Mikey Mouse binoculars, and even passed around an NFL size football.

As I watched the kids running around, I had flashbacks of my childhood. They're such great memories that I hope to never forget. Things like climbing trees and getting bit by ants, trying out my neighbors skateboard and totally busting up my knee, or wiping out in a gravel parking lot and busting up my other knee... Yes, those were the days. Days of childhood. Days of pure freedom!

Well, enough reminiscence.  Enjoy the photos!






1 comment: